Here’s another collection of amazing things on the web, as compiled by the Webmaker community in our weekly community call. Make something amazing on the web now at Mozilla Webmaker — or help us brainstorm next week’s hotlist. What’s the coolest thing you saw on the web this week? Let us know…
- on our “memes” newsgroup. memes [at] mozillafoundation [dot] org
- at the start of each weekly Mozilla Webmaker call.
- as comments to this post.
- One Community Ranch is designing an open source village out of 100% earth friendly, sustainable materials, for around $1000-1500 a unit.
“Release early, often and with rap music. This is Notorious R&D.” –F.A.T. Lab
- The Free Art and Tech Lab presents F.A.T. Gold, an exhibition of some of its coolest projects from its five-year history.
- Japanese Schoolgirls Perform Superhuman Energy Attacks. This is everywhere now. For example: this NPR host.
- @tldrio just launched some awesome new features. And they’re going to conform to Mozilla’s new Web Literacy Standard.
- Add a side of bacon to any web site. This was a huge hit at a recent Webmaker school visit with 9 and 10-year-olds.
- The Pizza Song. Includes a dog made out of pizza. May cause brain damage.
- Stroll through the streets of Zurich. Make sure you turn the sound up for this one. Impressive immersive experience.
“You don’t get a Nobel Prize for doing what you are told. Too much of school is about obedience, we should really be celebrating disobedience.” — Joi Ito