Mozilla Webmaker is all about helping people make amazing things on the web. So what’s the most amazing thing you saw on the web this week? Here’s this week’s hotlist, as contributed by the Webmaker community in our community call. Got more? Let us know…
- On our “memes” newsgroup. memes [at] mozillafoundation [dot] org
- At the start of each weekly Mozilla Webmaker call.
- As comments to this post. So we can include them in next week’s list.
- Girls in Tech. A nine-year-old girl’s Kickstarter campaign to go to STEM camp and create her own role playing game. (Because her brothers told her she couldn’t)
- Eric Whitacre’s Virtual Choir. From TED. Using the web to create a global musical mashup.
- School of Thrones. Games of Thrones recast as a high school drama. Prom night is coming.
- Ingenius water bending. This is what happens when you run water through a 24hz sine wave. Cool video.
- Dancing mobile holograms + Domino’s Pizza. Interesting example of augmented reality. And um, cross-cultural weirdness.
- Cats Hating Stuff. She’s a dog person.
- French paper commercial. Paper versus tablets, old literacies versus new. Guess there’s some things you still need paper for.
- Take me to a useless website. Please!
- Our anniversary dinos. Of course! Get yours.
- High School Training Ground. A Chicago youth’s thoughtful spoken word about identity, schools and the education system.
- Why do we need digital literacy? National Writing Project’s Paul Oh in Library Week
- Teaching Computer Science in Vietnam