Mozilla Webmaker is all about helping people make something amazing on the web. So we’re asking our community each week:
What’s the most amazing thing *you* saw on the web last week?
Some links and answers from our community this week below. These are meant to inspire our own work, identify emerging memes or trends Webmaker should jump on, and just generally surprise and delight. Let us know the most amazing thing *you* see on the web each week:
- On our new “memes” newsgroup. Send your coolest memes and amazing stuff to memes [at] mozillafoundation [dot] org
- At the start of each weekly Mozilla Webmaker call. Every Tuesday.
- On twitter. Using the #webmaker hashtag.
Amazing video and stuff that moves:
- “How to Hack Paper.” Hive NYC Popcorn Storycamp Challenge: create a 60-sec commercial for any media format. Made by awesome mentors at DreamYard in the Bronx
- Video: The Art of Creative Coding. PBS video on the art of webmaking
- Nine Inch Nails / Call Me Maybe mashup. It actually kinda works.
- Six-year old wins breakdancing battle. It’s cut-throat!
Amazing whimsy, art and play
- Delaunay Painter. Trace around the image and watch it render an abstracted variant on the right. Kiss productivity goodbye!
- Cat Map! London Zoo’s “Cat on a Map.” Oddly compelling.
- Emoticons from 1881. You thought they were new?
- The man who created internet memes — before the internet.
Amazing reads and thinks: