Prepping for May 15 blastoff. We’re working up to a big public announcement around Mozilla’s upcoming summer campaign. D-day is Tuesday, May 15. The party itself will kick off June 23.
Mozilla’s Summer Code Party: June 23 – Sep 23
- What? MEET up, MAKE something cool and LEARN how the code behind the web works.
- When? June 23 – Sep 23, kicking off with a Global Weekend of Code.
- Where? Anywhere. Your kitchen table. Your office. Your local library.
- Why? We believe everyone should know how to create and code on the web.
- How? Organize a meet-up. Volunteer to teach. Or become a partner.
- Wiki: check out the Summer Code Party wiki.
- Communications: finalizing copy and messaging for the May 15 announcement, including press outreach.
- Partners: recruiting is in progress. Tumblr, CoderDojo and many others are on board, with lots more on the way. Join us.
- Events platform: In development, targeted for first phase release May 15. Will allow people to search for and add their own teach-ins, meet-ups and events.
- Get involved: Sign-up for reminders and updates.
Host your own Summer Code Party event
More polished event “How Tos” are on the way for May 15. In the mean time:
- 1) Check out this guide on hosting your own “kitchen table” teach-in
- 2) Sign up for new updates and materials as they arrive