This new job posting just went live. Please circulate and shout from the rooftops. This is an amazing opportunity for the right candidate.
Product Manager, School of Webcraft
Mozilla & Peer 2 Peer University
- Wake up every morning focused on making the School of Webcraft awesome.
- Shape the School of Webcraft’s overall curriculum goals and learning map. Identify and help deliver the skills web developers need in today’s world.
- Own the School of Webcraft user experience. Be an advocate for users. Make sure the learning process is clear and feels good for learners.
- Promote industry acceptance and recognition for the School of Webcraft.
- Identify the key skills and competencies web developers need, and work with P2PU and Mozilla staff to implement badges and certification to recognize them.
- Link with internal Mozilla partners (like the Mozilla Developer Network) to drive content development.
- Link with other organizations and initiatives working on web developer training and curricula (like OWEA, Opera, WaSP).
- Co-ordinate with Peer 2 Peer University staff, provide input on the online platform technology roadmap, assessment models and badges to support learners and learning outcomes.
- Enable community participation. Work with the course and curriculum coordinator to identify and support volunteers with leadership potential in the School of Webcraft community.
- Outreach to the web development community. Speak at developer conferences, engage with related networks, etc.
- Work in the open. Share and document work through regular blog posts and other public media.
- Drive regional expansion into new communities. Spread School of Webcraft to new locales and languages.
- Manage the course and curriculum coordinator.
- Metrics. Help set metrics for success and evaluate whether we’re reaching those goals.
- Has a web development background. Speaks web developers’ language.
- Understands the industry perspective. Comfortable communicating with employers.
- Passionate about web skills training and curriculum. Has some experience with learning and educational innovation.
- Excellent communication and community-building skills. Comfortable with a peer learning environment that’s all about community participation.
- Passionate about open source. Understands and loves the open web.
- This position reports to the P2PU Executive Director.
- Full time Mozilla employee with full benefits, on an initial one-year term.
- The position is not bound by location. Open to remote work.
- The job requires some travel, within North America and internationally.
About the School of Webcraft
- The School of Webcraft is a joint venture between Mozilla and Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU). Together we’re building a grassroots learning community focused on web development based on open standards.
- Our mission:
- The problem: Web developer training is expensive, out of reach, and out of touch with how the internet is evolving.
- The solution: Peer learning powered by mentors and learners like you. Self-organized study groups that leverage existing open learning materials, with a smart social layer over top.
- The goal: Make web developer training free, open and globally accessible. Offer skills and certification that build careers around the open web.
- See the draft School of Webcraft charter for more background: http://bit.ly/iivvub