What is Mozilla Drumbeat?
Drumbeat is a global community of innovators like you, building a more awesome web and world. Connect with others. Find projects that need your help. Or share your own.
Mozilla is all about shaping the future of the web for the public good. With Drumbeat, we’re moving beyond Firefox to build more things that make the web better, not just software. We’re doing that by reaching out to new kinds of people — educators, filmmakers, journalists, scientists, artists — to work together on open projects and design challenges that build a better web and world. We did that with Firefox. Now we want to do it on a broader scale, with new projects and people like you.
How can Drumbeat help you?
- Connect with other innovators like you. Find like-minded people who share your passion, skill-set or subject area. Raise your profile and let others know about your work.
- Find projects that need your help. Contribute your skills, knowledge and feedback to projects that do good. Help build a more open web and world.
- Share your own project. Setting up a project page on Drumbeat.org makes it easy for others to help. By understanding what your project’s about, accessing the project tools you’re using, and keeping up with the latest project news.
- Connect with Drumbeat events. Learn about the annual Drumbeat Festival, find events near you, or start your own local Drumbeat event.
- Make it easy for others to participate and get their hands dirty. Drumbeat is all about co-creation. Making and building together.
- Drive innovation for the open web and the wider world. Showing how open technologies can improve other parts of life.
What areas does Drumbeat focus on?
- WebMadeMovies — bringing filmmakers and hackers together to invent the future of video.
- Universal Subtitles — creating subtitles and captions for every video on the web.
- The School of Webcraft — peer-based web developer training that’s free, open, and globally accessible.
- Learning, Freedom and the Web — a global community of educators and hackers reinventing the future of learning.
- Batucada — Designing and developing drumbeat.org as part of the social web, together.
- New media and science projects — coming soon.
How does Drumbeat make the world better?
Through open web tools and thinking. Applied to your personal passion or project. Mozilla believes the internet is a shared public resource and force for good. If we care about the web’s future, we need a diverse range of people involved in shaping the web in their world — especially those trying to disrupt and innovate. Drumbeat provides open web tools and thinking to help do this. And connects innovators in areas like education, media and science with smart hackers and technologists. The result? Drumbeat helps you build new projects the same way Mozilla built Firefox — by working in the open, collaborating through open web tools, and enabling participation from contributors around the world.