The Drumbeat June 2010 newsletter is hot off the presses! Some of the highlights:
- Help Drumbeat projects — get the official 2010 Mozilla t-shirt! Get a (super cute) limited edition dino T-shirt when you donate to the Drumbeat Open Web Fun. All proceeds go towards helping great Drumbeat projects succeed.
- Shuttleworth/Mozilla Education Fellowship entries are in. Drumbeat and the Shuttleworth Foundation announced a joint ‘education for the open web’ fellowship in May — and great project proposals have been pouring in. Check out the proposals and vote for your favorites here.
- Universal Subtitles project picking up steam. Thanks to support from generous folks like you, we’re now more than 25% of the way towards our goal of raising $25,000 for this project. Mozilla will match every dollar donated from the open web fund, so if you haven’t supported this project already, consider making a donation. And check out this video blog by Universal Subtitles supporter Caro for a great explanation of the project’s potential.
- Open Video Alliance Conference. The Open Video Conference will bring together artists, developers, entrepreneurs, academics and others Oct 1 and 2 in New York to help unlock online video’s potential. Drumbeat projects like Universal Subtitles, Web Made Movies, and Video on Wikipedia will be on hand.
- Creative Commons Catalyst Grants. Creative Commons’ new Catalyst Grants program is investing up to $100,000 (via grants ranging from $1,000-$10,000) in seed funding for projects around the world devoted to increasing access and openness. Application deadline is June 30. More info here.
- Drumbeat Events: coming to a city near you! Over the past three months we’ve seen awesome Drumbeat events in Toronto, Sao Carlos, Sao Paulo and Berlin. Along with Drumbeat local organizer sprints that will help spread events to other cities like Boston, New York, Montreal, Vancouver, Rome, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Sofia and Munich. Interested in organizing something in your city? Get in touch and we’ll help you get going on your own awesome Drumbeat event.
Check out the rest of the June 2010 newsletter for other Drumbeat news. Or dive in here to get involved in other ways!
- Join Drumbeat
- Get involved in a Mozilla project
- Donate to the Mozilla Drumbeat Open Web Fund
- Wear a Mozilla shirt at an event
- Introduce someone to Mozilla Firefox